donderdag 29 april 2010

Zuid-Afrika Reisweblog. Dag 3, door Laura Cameron


Schedule day 3 | Dancers : Class by Robyn Ross + Run "Special SP!R!T" programme in costume. Press will attend | 1st performance

After three amazing days of traveling, rehearsing, visiting family and friends and exploring the coastline, today we had to really get back into work mode. We started the day with class and a run of the programme for press and for us to adapt to all the light and background changes. It is always good to help you find your balance, get back into really moving and get used the stage. I am writing this before returning to the theatre for our opening night performance and hoping that everything tonight will go well! As a native South-African, I'm very excited and nervous about performing for people who know me. Some people are flying up from Johannesburg especially to see me dance! My favourite piece of the SP!R!T programme is definitely ‘Bardo'. I love the raw energy and earthiness of the movement and although it can be quite tiring, the music and the group energy spur you on throughout. The movement feels natural to me and I love the costumes and lighting.

It has been such a wonderful time so far and we are hoping to give back something special to our South African audience!

Regards, Laura Cameron

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten