donderdag 16 december 2010

Polish the pieces for KERSTGALA

In 10 days, we will have the premiere of this year's Kerstgala. I always enjoy this programme very much as it is one of the only times that the main company and Introdans Ensemble for Youth share the stage in the same performance. This year it is even more special to me, because it will be my last premiere with Introdans and also my last performances in Schouwburg Arnhem. It will be a very bitter sweet time for me but I am fortunate to be dancing in three lovely pieces, Chairman Dances (Lucinda Childs), In Memoriam (Sidi Larbi Cherkaoui)and Fugaz (Cayetano Soto). On monday I will get the opportunity to work briefly with Sidi Larbi and today Cayetano arrived to polish his piece.

Working with Cayetano is fantastic.He really knows exactly what he wants and he pushes you to your extremes to get the best out of you, all in a pleasant atmosphere. Today we did two rather nervous runs of the piece (both casts) and then he started to polish the girls section in the beginning of the piece. We have to be perfectly together and it is very fast and very technical. We have to move bigger, be heavier and more grounded than we are at the moment while remaining precise and he has made a few slight changes which make it better but which your body has to get used to. It is hard work but so worthwhile. It is always good to work with the choreographer to understand the meaning of pieces and the meaning behind the movements that they have created.

I consider myself very lucky to have been chosen to dance this piece. The music is beautiful, the choreography is beautiful and I love dancing in it. I think the audience will enjoy watching it in this very diverse Kerstgala too.

Merry Christmas!
Laura Cameron

a>

1 opmerking:

  1. Heel erg mooi!
    Ik ben altijd heel erg blij als ik weer eens naar Introdans mag gaan kijken. ik zit zelf bij de dansacedemie artez in Arnhem. en daardoor kan ik ook nog eens gratis naar binnen:) Nog bedankt voor dit mooie optreden!

    Gr.Olisa

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen